xsl-list

RE: get an &nbsp in theoutput html

2005-03-04 08:22:26
Thanks a lot!

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 4:09 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] get an &nbsp in theoutput html

This used to be a FAQ but it hasn't appeared so often recently.

  is the way that human HTML authors like to write the Unicode
non-breaking-space character, hex A0. That's because the character isn't
available on a keyboard and can't be distinguished from an ordinary space
character when displayed by a text editor. But when you generate the HTML
automatically, you don't need to generate it as  , you can just
generate the non-breaking-space character directly. The easiest way to do
that is to write it in your stylesheet as

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/