xsl-list

RE: xsl:template having both name and match

2005-03-03 08:40:38
Thanks a lot Mr. Kay for your comments.. I agree with
you.. and feel xsl:template having both name and match
is a perfect syntax provided by XSLT .. It feels fine!

Regards,
Mukul

--- Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:

I want to know in which circumstances such a
template
definition is useful.. Can somebody please provide
an
example where this has real practical use..?

I've very rarely used this capability myself. But in
general, if the
semantics of a construct are perfectly well-defined,
then it's a bad idea to
make it an error just because you can't see many
people using it. In
principle it's a good idea if the code in your
stylesheet is reusable, and
there's no intrinsic reason to prevent you writing
code that can be called
in more than one way.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/