xsl-list

Re: XSL & Entities

2005-03-02 09:24:17
Also I just tested putting some random invalid
character in the .ent file and it did error out on me
so it is getting pulled for sure.  How do I
set/configure my parser?

I have two different options to parse/transform the
XML - either use XML SPY's built in XSL transformer or
use Xalan/Xerces.

Thanks,
--- c p <bugs75il(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:

Can you explain more about putting it into the
internal declaration subset?

Thanks,
--- David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

My bad the entity is described with NDATA.

hmph that wasn't what you said originally:-)

In that case it's supposed to work _except_ that a
non validating parser
is allowed to not read the external files in a DTD
in which case your
system may not have seen the entity definition at
all. (What happens if
you put a syntax error in that file such as a fre
random < not in an
entity declaration, does it notice?

If thta's the problem you may be able to configure
your parser to read
the dtd (irt depends on the parser) or you can put
the declaration in an
internal subset

<!DOCTYPE foo [
<!ENTITY CorporateLogo SYSTEM
"images/corporateLogo.gif" NDATA saetiff>
]>
<foo>
<bar imagename="CorporateLogo" ...

David

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by
Star. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more
information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock,
around
the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk

--~--