xsl-list

RE: Chewy key problem

2005-03-01 13:33:11

-----Original Message-----
From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]

You could do it via a recursive template

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around that one.  If the processing is
also expensive, I'll use that as an excuse to run from this solution...

So unless you _really_ need it to be a single pass without any extension
function (in which case ask again) I'd definitely do it in two passes,
first collecting together the grouping key then either in  asecond
transformation or via node-set,do the grouping.

Consider me to have asked again.  Still, the only reason I need it in a
single pass is because I don't know how to do a double pass -- in xslt or in
java, which is going to be driving this whole wagon.  I would like to avoid
extension functions, but (imho) a solved problem is better than an unsolved
one, so I'll take what I can get.

Thanks again