xsl-list

RE: Anonymous Elements

2005-04-26 03:16:36
Michael,

I'm sorry about that; I'm relatively new to this. However, I do appreciate
your mentioning the appropriate list, and I will certainly subscribe to it.

Thanks again. By the way, this is an excellent list.

Respectfully,

ASP

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 6:05 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Anonymous Elements

This list isn't the right place for XML Schema questions: use the
xml-schema-dev list at W3C.

However, elements can't be anonymous in the schema, for the simple reason
that they can't be anonymous in a document instance. What you can do is to
use a wildcard (xs:any) which allows elements from specified namespaces,
irrespective of their local name.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/