xsl-list

Re: xml document as parameter and attribute expression

2005-04-24 11:34:40
Sebastien Arbogast wrote:

Hi,

In my XSLT stylesheet, I have a global parameter containing some XML
content like this :

This parameter is called 'center' and I would like to retrieve the
value of title with some XPath expression. I tried the following :

<xsl:value-of select="$center/div[(_at_)id='center']/@title"/>

But my libxslt/php5 XSLT processor gives me an XPath internal error
(document without root) and I don't understand what's the problem

it sounds like your $center param is empty....have u done a simple test

<xsl:copy-of select="$center"/> to ensure that the param is being passed in?

once you know its being passed in...then your xpath should work

u should also be initialising this param as a top level element
<xsl:param name="center" />

gl, Jim Fuller

BTW I have another stylesheet that does nearly the same  except it
receives the uri of a document as a parameter and uses
document($center) instead of center.

I guess it's a problem of tree parsing but how can I solve that,
knowing that I can't change the fact that I receive XML string
directly as a parameter (XSLT transform streaming) ?

Thx in advance.