xsl-list

Re: grouping/position problem

2005-04-22 07:36:04
On 4/22/05, M. David Peterson <m(_dot_)david(_dot_)x2x2x(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:

I am still trying to find a stopping point but before it got too late
I thought it best to showcase a quick sample of how you would go about
solving this problem using the sample XML you provided.  I will
convert this into the proper namespaces and elements and check it in
as soon as I can finish up this other item.

OK, but note that in your solution you only do a single-level of
grouping, which isn't enough.  I need to pass parameters that keep
track of positions at both the author-group level AND the author-year
group level.

More importantly, I still need to understand what the hell is going on
with the example, because I simply don't get it.

BTW, re: your comment about date-processiong in XSLT 2.0; I'm afraid
it's actually not all that helpful for bibliographic data. It's easier
to just do substring selecting.

Bruce