xsl-list

RE: Transforming XML Blockquotes - Mixed Content - XSLT 1.0 Solution

2005-04-20 15:07:36
It seems as if the alternative is either (1)
the possibility
of an overly complex solution, (2) living with bugs
introduced by IE, (3)
present the document text in a grammatically incorrect
manner, or (4) change
the source XML to a more IE friendly but logically incorrect format.

You've been shown the correct solution (1). You may consider it complex, but
by definition it's not overly complex because it's the best solution
available.

I guess that's why I asked the question, because I am both
pissed that there
is no easy solution for a common situation and, without the level of
experience of others here, I feel unable to differentiate between the
"evils" of the choices I am now faced with.

How did the creators of XSL envision the handling of these
nested block
level elements?

I think they probably imagined that the next version of the spec would solve
the problem by around the middle of 2001, and that users could make do until
then.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/