xsl-list

RE: Caching while applying XSL using SAX

2005-04-19 01:04:53
In my application I'm using SAX based approach for parsing xml and
applying xsl on it. As SAX is event based, I just want to
know that how
the reference in xsl, to out of context elements is  resolved.

Even if you supply input to an XSLT processor as a stream of SAX events,
it's likely to build a tree in memory.

There are some processors (usually expensive ones like DataPower) that
handle some transformations in a streaming mode, but only if the constructs
used in the stylesheet permit it.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/