xsl-list

XSL-FO & Images

2005-04-18 08:33:28
I have been able to do an XSLT to XHTML transformation including images. Each of the XML elements in my XML document have an image as shown by the following XML element.

<Item suburb="Clifton">
 <name>77 Seascape Ave</name>
 <description>On the foot of the infamous Table Mountain. </description>
 <price>4 500 000</price>
 <bedrooms>4</bedrooms>
 <bathrooms>2 on-suite</bathrooms>
 <lounge>2</lounge>
 <dinner>1</dinner>
 <garages>2</garages>
 <image>seascape.jpg</image>
</Item>

My XSLT transformation populates a table with as many of these XML elements I have in my XML document. Its all perfect.

But when doing an XSLT & XSL-FO transformation to PDF I have only come across a way to include an external image using the "<fo:external-graphic>" tag. This does not help in that I can only do one image at a time and the solution is not scalable - I need to be able to populate the table in my PDF in the same manner as the table in my XHTML including images.

Are there any other ways of including images into an XSL-FO transformation?

I am using FOP to transform XML to PDF.

An example of the XHTML transformation can be found here (http://e-vert.hyperion.titaninternet.co.uk/). Its a server-side transformation.

Thanks for the help,

Craig Webber.