xsl-list

RE: Preventing tags from collapsing

2005-04-14 07:01:34

If you want to generate XHTML but send it as html to a legacy
html parser (which seems a common requirement, but I'm not
sure why)

In my case it's because I need to parse the result to extract some
information, therefore the result of the transform has to be XML.  It's
a shame to have to then perform an identity transform with HTML output
method on it purely to avoid tag minimisation.

(it's very intuitive to go looking for a switch to turn off the
minimisation...)

cheers
andrew