xsl-list

How to create a node set that excludes some descendant elements?

2005-04-11 16:57:24
Hi all,

My first post here and I want to start by saying how much I appreciate the big FAQ, the Jeni site, etc. It has all helped me tremendously.

I can't find an answer to this one, though, so here goes...

My XML doc has this basic structure:
<a>
 <b>
   <c>
     <!-- This is the section of interest -->
   </c>
 </b>
</a>

Later on in my stylesheet, I use exslt:node-set() on the variable and process the node set.

For instance, given this source:
 <d>
   <z>
   <g />
 </d>
 <q>
   <r>
     <y />
     <z />
   </r>
   <y />
 <q>
 <y>

I want the selection to contain this:
 <d>
   <g />
 </d>
 <q>
   <r>
     <y />
   </r>
 <q>

(<z> elements are gone, only the first <y> element remains.)

I'm prepared to be humiliated by some obvious solution... Can anyone please help?

Thanks,
Rush