xsl-list

RE: [XSLT] xsl:message output encoding ?

2005-04-08 14:56:54
Then I'd like to ask that it remain implementation-specific, so that I can
keep getting plain text when I run my tools from the command line. I don't
need a bunch of goobledygook cluttering up my debugging messages.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Kevin Rodgers <kevin(_dot_)rodgers(_at_)ihs(_dot_)com>
04/08/2005 04:48 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
cc

Subject
RE: [xsl] [XSLT] xsl:message output encoding ?

Michael Kay writes:
Can we specify the output encoding for xsl:message ?

Everything about the output of xsl:message is implementation-defined. So
you
need to ask the question in relation to a specific product.

Then I would like to formally petition the working group to specify that
the serialization of xsl:message should respect the xsl:output
declaration, just like the serialization of the result document.  How do
I go about that?

--
Kevin Rodgers

--~--