xsl-list

Re: omit namespaces

2005-04-08 10:18:09
Jiang, Peiyun wrote:

I have <h1 xmlns=""> tags in the resultant html documents. I want <h1> only.
Not all html tags has the xmlns="" part.

How are they produced? How can I change it?

if your namespaces are coming from stylesheet then use
exclude-result-prefixes

          version="1.0"
          exclude-result-prefixes=""?>

if they are coming from your source xml...u can control this by using
xsl:element / xsl:value-of instead of xsl:copy/xsl:copy-of

also ...you will need to show us a bit more sample xml / xsl ...as I
suspect you have defined an empty namespace somewhere

gl, Jim Fuller