xsl-list

Pass a variable value from javascript to xsl

2005-04-07 05:42:14
I am trying to pass a variable value from javascript to xsl. For
example, I have a xsl:variable called instance:

 <xsl:variable name="instance"/>

  And I want to assign a javascript variable value to 'instance'
 The javascript code is:

 <script language="JavaScript">
 function example(){
                var art
                art =
document.exampleForm.artistOnChange[document.noadsterForm.artistOnChange.selectedIndex].text
 }
 </script>

I call the javascript function in my xsl code when someone select
something in a form:

 <select name="artistOnChange" onchange="example">

  I want to save the value of the javascript variable 'art' into the
xsl:variable 'instance'. How can I do that?
 I'm using xalan.

  Thanks
  .ohtar