xsl-list

Re: xsl formating string

2005-04-05 11:42:28
Hi, Josh,

For the sake of this dicussion, I assume that the strings are contained in
elements and that the elements have format attributes, thus:
<someElement format="C1">Some String</someElement>

In that case, you can do this:
<xsl:template match="someElement">
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="@format='C1'">
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test="@format='.0'">
      <xsl:value-of select="concat(., '.0')"/>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test="somethingElse">
      And so on...
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
      <xsl:message>Ruh Roh! No format!</xsl:message>
    </xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

If the source document contains the strings and format values in some
other structure, you'll have to adjust, but I hope you get the idea. If
you can't figure it out, post a sample of your source document's
structure.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

josh higgins <doopsterus(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com>
04/05/2005 01:06 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

xsl <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
cc

Subject
[xsl] xsl formating string

I have a xml file that I has strings in it.  I want to
do so sort of if logic that says if it is "C1" format
with blue text if it is "U1" format it with underline.
 Then if it is "0" I want to concatenate a .0 on the
end of that how can that be done?  How can I do these
things.  I know that I will probably use an xsl:if
but I am not sure what the snytax is with comparing
strings.  Can someone give me a sample code of how
this would be done? Thanks!

Josh

--~--