xsl-list

Re: xsl: preserving spaces preserves only one space?

2005-04-04 09:39:06
Ok so I lied.  You are still amazing.  But I think I
am missing something.  I set the
white-space-treatment="preserve" and
linefeed-treatment="preserve" but some of the spacing
is not getting preserved.  Is there something else I
forgot to set?   I just want to output everything in
the xml file.  I am assuming they are all spaces in
the xml file but I am not for sure.

I am making progress thank to you all.  Just a lil bit
more to go.

--- josh higgins <doopsterus(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:

You are a amazing!  Thanks for the document!  I
figured that I have to set the white-space-collapse
varable to false b/c it is initially set to true.
Thanks for all your help!!!

--- josh higgins <doopsterus(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:
I am sorry.  I am new to xsl (as you can propably
tell) so I am sorry if I am being a pain.  I am
not
sure how I can tell if the white spaces are still
around before I get to my fo block.  All that I
know
is that they are present in my xml file. And the
only
time they are touched is in my detail template.
How
can I tell if they are present before I get to my
fo
block?  I added the linefeed-treatment="preserve"
and
it did not change anything.  So I guess they are
not
being preserved.  What could be going on?

Thanks

--- David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

Oh if you know of any good resource to read to
become
more firmilar with xsl then please let me
know.

The spec isn't too bad a read, or the faq for
this
list at
www.dpawson.co.uk has some FO entries, and I
think
DaveP's book text is
online there as well.

The section of the spec that I linked to in my
last
reply does say

      The "white-space-treatment" property
specifies
the treatment
      during the refinement process of character
flow objects, except
      for linefeeds, that are classified as
white
space in XML. This
      includes U+0020 (space) and other white
space
characters but
      excludes U+000A (linefeed). Linefeed
treatment
is determined by
      the "linefeed-treatment" property.

so if it's linebreaks you are after you need to
set
linefeed-treatment
as well.

But first you need to verify that your FO file
has
the white space that
you expect. If the spaces have already gone by
then,
setting properties
in the FO won't make them come back.

David

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by
Star. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more
information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock,
around
the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk

--~--

Yahoo! Personals - Better first dates. More second
dates.
http://personals.yahoo.com

--~--

--~--