xsl-list

Re: xsl:number and conditional

2005-05-31 13:03:35
On 5/31/05, Wendell Piez <wapiez(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:
Bruce,

Did you try Michael's latest suggestion of

count="db:footnote|db:citation[not(ancestor::db:footnote)]"

?

Yes, but I got an undefined context error from Saxon, which has me a
little confused (why do I get away with not defining the $footcite
context for db:footnote, but not with the other part of the
expression?), and frustrated!*

The expression above should provide for consecutive numbering of all
footnotes with all citations not themselves in footnotes, which is what you
want, isn't it?

Yes.

Bruce

* frustration exacerbated by the fact that the first/subsequent key
solution we finally worked out here last week is no longer working
correctly!