xsl-list

RE: Substrings

2005-05-30 11:34:32

To "tokenize" is that to say I am going to split the string up by
spaces, or other delimiters?  So then, I could recursively call a
template which returns a value of nothing but passes back the
substring value of supplied string after each space until which time I
find an @ at this point I stop recursing and pass back the value.  (i
think that makes sense, and I think I can write that!)

Yes, please just google for "XSLT tokenize"

I am using XSLT 1 with microsoft's msxml parser so exslt is
not available to me.

Not so: see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnxml/html/
practexslt.asp