xsl-list

Re: DOM or SAX input faster/more efficient?

2005-05-27 06:21:09
Andrzej Taramina wrote:
Anyone done any tests to see whether SAX or DOM input is faster to process with
XSL?

SAX

I suppose it depends on whether an internal tree representation has to be built
in both
cases (which I believe is the case) and which source of input is more efficient
for that?

I think pretty much every XSLT implementation I can think of needs to build or at least annotate its own internal tree representation. Are there any that work on a pure DOM without adding anything to it? DOM's pretty much an additional layer of overhead.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo(_at_)metalab(_dot_)unc(_dot_)edu