xsl-list

RE: XSL call to validate using XML Schema

2005-05-27 01:08:17
There are various solutions possible:

(a) Change your Java code to invoke a validator (you say you don't want to
do this)

(b) Use an XSLT 2.0 schema-aware stylesheet: at present this can only be
achieved using the schema-aware version of Saxon (which is commercial
software: www.saxonica.com).

(c) Use a pipeline processor such as the one recently announced by Henry
Thompson's company, Markup Technologies, or the rather more sophisticated
pipeline processor in Orbeon. This allows you to define a sequence of
processing steps such as schema validation and transformation.

An advantage of (b) is that you don't just validate the input, you also
create typed information (for example numbers and dates) which can be used
as such in the stylesheet.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/