xsl-list

RE: How to trim leading and trailing spaces in xsl:attribute?

2005-05-26 01:29:15
You can write

<xsl:attribute name="x">
  <xsl:value-of select="abc"/>
</xsl:attribute>

Whitespace-only text nodes in a stylesheet are ignored, unless you specify
xml:space="preserve" (which I wouldn't recommend).

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Karr, David [mailto:david(_dot_)karr(_at_)wamu(_dot_)net]
Sent: 25 May 2005 18:41
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] How to trim leading and trailing spaces in
xsl:attribute?

I have an "<xsl:attribute>" element in my stylesheet, and its value is
an "<xsl:value-of>" reference which then calls an XPATH function.  The
resulting single line is a little ugly.  I'd like to format
the line so
it's a little more readable.  Unfortunately, I appear to be limited by
the semantics of the "<xsl:attribute>" element.  It does not trim
leading and trailing spaces, and it encodes any newlines found in the
resulting value.

I'm using JDK 1.4.2, in case there are constraints in the native TRAX
implementation inherent in that.

--~--