xsl-list

Transforming nested tags within a sentence

2005-05-24 15:22:18
I am trying to transform nested tags within a sentence and have not found the
solution so far.

A. THE PROBLEM:
original xml:

and examine paragraph 3.</para>
desired HTML output:
<P>For more information go to <A HREF="blahblah">Some Destination</A> and
examine paragraph 3.</P>

B. THE ATTEMPTED SOLUTION:
This doesn't work--it simply places the link as an addendum BELOW the paragraph.

<xsl:template match="para">
    <P><xsl:value-of select="." /></P>
        <xsl:apply-templates select="see" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="see">
    <A HREF="{(_at_)cref}"><xsl:value-of select="." /></A>
</xsl:template>

C. OTHER EXPLORER SOLUTIONS
My search of the list archive suggests that other solutions could like in
treating the <see> tag as a string rather than a tag, and attempting some form
of string replacement. However, I'm thinking there should be a standard
solution for transforming this tag, and I am just not understanding how this
works.

Thanks very much,

David Gadd