xsl-list

Variable iteration

2005-05-19 04:05:47
Hi all,

I am having the following xslt file

<xsl:template match="chunk" mode="content">

<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when
test="@requiredknowledge=preceding::*[name()=concat('chunk_name',$n,'_knowledge')]">

<xsl:copy-of select="section"/>

</xsl:when>
</xsl:choose>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

In case of any matches this files extracts the
chunks? sections that meets the condition. My problem
that I might have something like
chunk_name1_knowledge,  chunk_name2_knowledge,
chunk_name5_knowledge, chunk_name9_knoweldge, etc.
which are not sequentially ordered.

How can I assign these different values (i.e numbers)
to the variable $n.

I know that things can be structured in a different
way, but to some extent I think I would need them like
that way.

Many thanks in advance,

Fadi