xsl-list

RE: xsl:sort and xsl:count issues

2005-05-18 13:35:19
So far I've managed to perform a simple transformation by
applying this
XSL:

                     <xsl:for-each select="//def:record">
                          <xsl:for-each select="def:metadata//dc:creator">

I've tried to perform the sort by introducing <xsl:sort
select="def:metadata//dc:title"> right next to the <xsl:for-each ...>
tag but it returned a blank document.

You didn't say which for-each you put it next to.

The sort key (the select attribute of xsl:select) is evaluated relative to
each element processed by the for-each. If you put it on the inner for-each
it will fail because the context node is wrong.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/