xsl-list

RE: document('') and URIResolver

2005-05-18 08:20:41
Ok all,

Enough diatribe off of the main concern which is:

How in my transformer specific URIResolver do I handle
"" or null href args in the URIResolver.resolve(href,
base) method?

Jon

--- Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:
While in principle it would be possible for a
system to special case
this argument to document() and instead of
reparsing the XML just to
re-use some in-memory tree constructed when the
stylesheet was parsed,
this might be difficult in practice for a system
to achieve as for
example the default white space stripping rules
are different, and a
system might have done other in-place changes to
teh stylesheet tree,
for example related to processing xsl:include or
code-re-writing in a
code optimiser...

Yes; in fact, the processor might well not have the
original source
stylesheet tree still available at run-time, and it
almost certainly won't
have all the original whitespace. There are also
complications because
document("") does NOT select the current stylesheet
module; it selects the
resource whose URI is the same as the base URI of
the element containing the
call on document() - which might not be the same,
for example, if the
stylesheet module was assembled from external XML
entities.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

--~--