xsl-list

Re: building path expressions around dynamic element node names

2005-05-18 06:17:09

David Carlisle wrote:

I'm not sure what you are trying to do.
If you are on a Class element and want to select a child of Top that has
the same name as string value of the current node then
select="/Top/*[name()=currrent()]
is all you need.

David

But select="/Top/*[name( )]" returns all the string values of each node instead of the name of the node.

(1) What Im trying to do is to first check if there is any node B/Class with a value 'Not Present'. I then know that B hasnt found a match with A/Class in the first iteration.

(2) In the next iteration, I select the A/Class corresponding to each B/Class[.='Not Present'] and split the A/Class value, if possible. So, if A/Class = 'HelloThere' I get 'Hello There'.

(3) However, to avoid duplicate matches e.g. if there already exists a match in B/Class for A/Class = 'Hello', then I dont want step (2) to throw the result of 'Hello' again. So I check if the parent node <Hello> exists and if B/Class doesnt have 'Not Present' then it has desired results already. So I skip the search and proceed with step (2) for splitting other A/Class.

I know this might sound crazy but trust me, Im dealing with a very complex integration problem ! I could use another approach for coding as long as the objective remains the same.

Appreciate your help.
Rahil