xsl-list

Re: xsl-list Digest 13 May 2005 05:10:00 -0000 Issue 415 Was Re: On-the-fly case-conversion w. translate()

2005-05-13 15:06:50
Thanks yet again Michael. Yes, the quotes around the $var were a figment of my
imagination. I'm a self-taught XSLT programmer (thanks in large part due to
this excellent resource), and to paraphrase the old adage I have a fool for a
master.

With or without the '' around $var, the result is the same ie <project oregon>
isn't translated to <Project Oregon> by the translate function. However, the
translation works as intended when using the strings A - Z & a-z instead of the
variable representation.

The latter serves my purpose, but I was wondering...

Shivani.

<xsl:if test="@name[not (translate (., '$lowerCase',
'$upperCase')

*Not So* with the first <xsl: if> where I use variables
instead of the string 'A...Z'

$var is a reference to the variable var, '$var' in quotes is a string of
four characters.

I'm sure you knew that really...

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com.