xsl-list

Re: Unique html name, id, and for form fields

2005-05-11 09:47:42
Thanks for your response Omprakash.V.

To have a form for each action is not an option. That would require at
least 6 forms. The solution I would prefer would be to determine which
Go button was clicked then use something simular to .net's findcontrol
to find the value of the select box for that row using only one form.

So really all my xsl translation needs to do is generate unique id's,
name's, and for's for every element inside a for-each.

Taken from (http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/):
Note that the collection of legal values in XML 1.0 Section 2.3,
production 5 is much larger than that permitted to be used in the ID
and NAME types defined in HTML 4. When defining fragment identifiers
to be backward-compatible, only strings matching the pattern
[A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9:_.-]* should be used. See Section 6.2 of [HTML4]
for more information.

Thanks
Jeremy