xsl-list

Re: CDATA tags - Explicitly adding

2005-05-11 05:48:12
  I am wondering if
  I could add the CDATA tags explicitly within my XSL
  with something like xsl:text?

Only by using the deprecated (and usually undesirable)
disable-output-escaping attribute:
<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;[CDATA[</xsl:text>
Better would be to figure out why your copy of xalan is using so many
CDATA sections (which it is allowed to do but doesnt do that in most
configurations) or better still work out why the application that is
using the files you are generating  needs any CDATA sections at all,
which implies it is broken (or not an XML application)

David