xsl-list

Re: obtaining tree fragments from node-set value

2005-05-11 04:12:37

David Carlisle wrote:

I just tried out your solution but <xsl:value-of select="@ref/> doesnt return any value.

sorry ignore my last reply.

You made the mistake of doing what I said, not what I meant.

<xsl:when test="$x"/>
ref: <xsl:value-of select="$x/@ref/> text: <xsl:value-of select="$x"/>
</xsl:when>

or, if you are not doing anything in other branches of the xsl:choose
you don't need a variable or xsl:when at all and just do

Strange. I had tried exactly the same line of code <xsl:value-of select="$x/@ref/> earlier and it didnt return the results I was looking for but it worked this time! Im sure I had made a mistake somewhere.

Thanks a lot. Its working fine now.

Rahil