xsl-list

Re: <xsl:output method="xml"> and an if sentence to output XML

2005-05-09 09:46:04
  I'd like to use <xsl:output method="xml">, but I haven't found a
  solution to my problem, which is how to output <dd class="active"> if
  parameter this exists and <dd> if it doesn't exist.

<xsl:if test="@this">
<xsl:attribute name="class">active</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:if>

Great, thanks.

Also why do you have

<xsl:for-each select="/opml/body/outline">
                <xsl:call-template name="outline">
<xsl:template name="outline">

Rather than the simpler and more natural

<xsl:apply-templates select="/opml/body/outline"/>
<xsl:template match="outline">

True. This is my new syntax:
<xsl:template match="/opml/body/outline">

If you are outputting html don't you want to use the html output method
rather than xml? (You certainly don't want to use the text output
method)

If I use html I get a <!DOCTYPE ...> in the output although I have
standalone="no".
The output is inserted in a XHTML file, so I guess XML is fine?

Thanks for your help.
Jacob