xsl-list

Re: Do Templates Conflict?

2005-05-09 06:57:08
  I mean to ask what the better practice is--

  (1) rely on implied conflict rules, only using explicit priorities to
  counteract the implied rules, or

I do this, but I can't say if that's a best practice or not.
practically speaking, if you have a stylesheet that already has a few
hundred templates that don't have explict priorities, and don't
conflict, and you need to fine tune it by adding a template with a more
specific predicate so clashing with a template with a different
predicate on the same element, then it seems far more reasonable
just to put priorities on the two templates that are clashing than to
have to modify the entire stylesheet adding explict priorities
everywhere.

David