xsl-list

Client side XSLT in IE 5.0

2005-05-06 04:29:25
I recently reinstalled Windows 2000 on an old PC for some testing. This comes out of the box with IE 5.0. I performed various necessary security upgrades and installed service packs through SP 4 from windowsupdate.microsoft.com but specifically did not upgrade the browser to IE 6.0.

To my surprise that PC's IE seems able to read and display XML files that uses regular, standard XSLT just fine. It does not seem to need the old WD-xsl syntax or namespace. Does anyone know if one of the various service packs has upgraded Microsoft's XML parser? Is it possible that we can finally forget about WD-xsl even for PCs running IE 5?

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo(_at_)metalab(_dot_)unc(_dot_)edu