xsl-list

RE: RSS feeds and disable-output-escaping="yes"

2005-05-06 03:38:18
Easy little XSL script I thought. The RSS feed has all the html in the
'description' tag escaped. I have used
disable-output-escaping="yes" to
display the html, but I really need to be able to manipulate
some of the
tags - the img tags in particular - I'd like to either remove
or reduce
the width of the images (it is mostly user documentation for the
WebOPAC).

Is there any way I can do this or do I need to pre-process
the rss feed
before I feed it into the XSL transformer thingy.

It's likely that the HTML isn't well-formed XML, so you're going to have to
extract it as a string, put it through the tidy utility, parse it, and get
it back into the stylesheet in tree form before you can manipulate it at the
node level.

I would tend to do this as a non-XSLT stage in a processing pipeline; you
could also do it by calling out to an extension function.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/