xsl-list

Re: A challenge.. Group Periods of Data (1..5, 2..8, 4..9) (10..12; 10..14)

2005-05-03 14:59:56
I wondered what you meant by that - I still do. You mean you want the
stylesheet to detect a time at which no sessions are alive, and use that as
a boundary between periods? What if there is no such time?

Let me try this approach, and assuming the XML source is sorted accordingly..

You mean you want the
stylesheet to detect a time at which no sessions are alive, and use that as
a boundary between periods? What if there is no such time?

First element of period:  first element or first element where
period_begin does not fall within previous sibling period_begin and
period_end.

Last element of period:  last element match where period_begin falls
within previous sibling period_begin and period_end.

What if there are several?

It shouldn't matter.