xsl-list

Re: XPATH total count of multiple child nodes

2005-05-03 10:47:24
<xsl:if test="*"> cd do the trick

On 5/3/05, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:
count(*)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Bryant [mailto:bryant_edward(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 03 May 2005 18:23
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] XPATH total count of multiple child nodes

Thanks everyone for the helpful answers to my previous
question on character
entities.

My new problem is that I am trying to build a conditional
statement based on
a count of the number of child elements. There is an element
"dates" that
contains child elements containing particular dates.
Normally, I would use
something like:

Check if any of them exisit at all...

<xsl:if test="(filed) or (decided) or (submitted) or
(revised) or (term)">

then, see if there is more than one of them ...

<xsl:if test="count(date) > 1">

However, the child elements do not all have the same name.
They can have one
of five different names (filed, decided, submitted, revised,
or term), which
may appear in almost any combination. There are no other
child elements, so
I was hoping there was a simple way to count the total number
of child
elements without specifying them by name?

--~--

--~--

--
Shift to the left, shift to the right!