xsl-list

Re: character entities

2005-05-02 08:01:57
On 5/2/05, Edward Bryant <bryant_edward(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

If that were true, it would be fine with me. I am not trying to output
character references just for the sake of doing it. I was under the
impression that I should try to do it because some browsers would have a
problem with UFT-8 encoded data. Specifically, articles such as this one at
A List Apart:

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/emen/

claim that "many more browsers choke on UTF-8 characters than do on named
entities." Yet you claim that there is no distinction?

It's worth noting the date on that article: 2001.

Bruce