xsl-list

Re: Saxon SQL extension and Oracle Date format

2005-06-30 08:58:39
Hi, Perry,

I would do it thus:

1. Get the date formated the way I want (dd-MMM-yy HH:MM:SS A.M. in your
case) and store it in a variable.
2. Open the SQL connection with sql:connect (make sure you get the right
driver value).
3. Do the insertion with sql:insert and sql:column, grabbing the contents
of that variable along the way.
4. Close the SQL connection with sql:close.

I've populated tables this way with the Saxon SQL extension.

Also, if you are using Saxon 8, you can use the XSLT 2.0 format-date
function.

The Saxon 8b distribution (the open source one) has an example of how to
use the SQL extensions. I don't know if the other distributions (such as
the new 6.5.4 version) have that example, but perhaps they do.

HTH

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services
(presently consulting at Synergistics Solution Technologies)

Perry Molendijk <inflexions(_at_)westnet(_dot_)com(_dot_)au>
06/30/2005 10:39 AM
Please respond to
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
cc

Subject
[xsl] Saxon SQL extension and Oracle Date format

Hello,

Not quite sure if this is the correct list for this question but here
goes:

Does anyone know how to use the Saxon sql extension to insert a datetime
value into date field into an Oracle 8 database using the default Oracle
date format of dd-MMM-yy HH:MM:SS A.M.? (or any other date format for
that matter).

Thanks,

Perry

--~--