xsl-list

Re: problems with copying duplicate nodes

2005-06-29 08:09:27
Hi Rahil,

--- Rahil Qamar <qamar_rahil(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:
<xsl:variable name="rtf">
    <temp>
       <xsl:copy-of select="TD" />
    </temp>
</xsl:variable>

So the variable 'rtf' contained the entire TD
content.

The variable rtf (Result Tree Fragment) contains a XML
fragment, which is part of the Result Tree ..

<xsl:for-each select="$rtf/temp/TD[generate-id() =
generate-id(key('by-td', .)[1])]">
     <xsl:copy-of select="." />
</xsl:for-each>

Then for each TD in the $rtf you checked whether
there
was a duplicate TD present bz comparing it with the
first occurrence of TD.

Yes, thats true ..

Well I must thank you for providing me with a
solution. I had truly been struggling ! :)

I thank you for the nice problem you posted ..

Regards,
Mukul

Thanks
Rahil

--- Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:

Hi Rahil,
  Please read my thoughts below your sentences ..
You
posted an interesting problem for me to find an
answer
.. Thanks..

--- Rahil Qamar <qamar_rahil(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

(I am glad I was able to help ..)

The solution you posted worked even with my
Saxon
8.1.1 processor using XSLT 2.0.

Im getting the output just as I wanted but Im
intrigued about the functionality of the <temp>
node
and how it eliminated the duplicates at a later
stage.

I used temp as a convenience element, using which
was able to distinguish element hierarchy properly
..
We could write the stylesheet using without it
also
..
But I am not sure at this moment, how we should do
that? I think David answered the question to this
some
time back .. Please ask him :)

Just so I know how to resolve a similar query in
future could you please explain what you did in
the
<template match="TABLE/TR/TR"> block ?

In this template, I matched a pattern with a
portion
of the result tree (which was body of the
template)
..
I think the explanation could be as simple as that
;)

Regards,
Mukul

Thanks again
Rahil

--- Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:

Hi David,
  Please read my response below your comments
..

--- David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

  The stylesheet uses node-set function, and
Muenchian
  Grouping (over a RTF) ..

It _needs_ to use a node-set function, but
as
posted
you did not use it
(you need common:node-set($rtf))

Sorry if I am wrong. I tested the stylesheet,
and
it
ran successfully with Saxon.

  The stylesheet is tested with Saxon 8.4.

It's best not to test xslt 1 stylesheets
with
an
xslt2 processor.
As (as in this case) many things that
generate
an
error in xslt1 will
not be reported.

You are always right :)

Regards,
Mukul

David

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses
by
Star. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more
information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock,
around
the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk

or e-mail:

--~--

protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

or e-mail:

--~--

How much free photo storage do you get? Store
your
holiday
snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos
http://uk.photos.yahoo.com

--~--

Yahoo! Sports
Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy
Football

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

--~--