xsl-list

Re: xsl:element in XSLT 1.0

2005-06-22 15:57:30

This is sort of a fuzzy area in the spec, so any help would be
appreciated.

I'm not sure it's so fuzzy.  Can you explain why you think it is?

I believe Saxon's output in this case is correct.

Well that's a very different case, because the namespace declaration is
now required on the foo element.

The real issue is whether a namespace declaration in a stylesheet
generates a namespace node in the result tree, and in the case of
xsl:element, it does not.

This is exactly what I thought was fuzzy =)
I couldn't find the location in the spec where this was stated.
Can you point me to the section where it states that xsl:element does not
generate namespace nodes unless required by its (resolved) name?

Thanks again,
-Jack