xsl-list

Re: Accessing <xsl:param> from a javascript function

2005-06-18 23:59:06
I missed the original question but you can't access $varName directly from your JavaScript, you need to pass it to the function:
<xsl:value-of select="myFunctions:showValue($varName)"/>

showValue(Value)
{
 return $varName;
}

This assumes you are talking about JavaScript within the XSLT, otherwise, if you mean script within a web page then this is run after the transformation process and has no knowledge of any stylesheet variableds. You would just pass them by using:

var varJsName = "<xsl:value-of select="$varName"/>";

If you want to pass a variable into a stylesheet as part of the querystring to be processed client side then your script parses the location.search value to extract the data and pass it to your client side scripted transform.

Joe

----- Original Message ----- From: "Van Henreich Rontal" <vanhenreich(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2005 8:46 PM
Subject: [xsl] Accessing <xsl:param> from a javascript function

Hi,

I'm using Weblogic 8.1 and thus would assume I
have Apache's Xalan 2.2D11 that comes with JDK
1.4.1_02 of this version of Weblogic.  I think I'm
using XSLT 1.0.

From my code that does the transformation I passed a
parameter using transformer.setParameter("varName",
varValue); and access it from the xsl stylesheet using
<xsl:param name="varName"/>. In one of my
<xsl:template> I've included a javascript function
enclosed in <script language="javascript"></script>,
and in that function I wanted to access the parameter.
I couldn't do it using $varName, {$varName} or
'{$varName}'(if I output it using alert();).

My ultimate goal is to pass this value in javascript's
window.location as a URL parameter value, because this
javascript funtion was called by a <a
href="javascript: func()"> elsewhere.  Although I have
the option of accessing the $varName as an argument to
func() and then access that argument within the
funtion, I think this is a two way process so I would
like a cleaner, more direct access.

Thank you for anyone who can help.

Van

--~--