xsl-list

Re: Can a named template return a node list?

2005-06-16 07:43:48
Hi John.

I think what you want to do is this:

  <xsl:variable name="somenode" select="/root/node1"/>

What you were doing is creating a copy of the node (to the output tree)
and then trying to process that copy, which means trying to process the
output. I can't cite a specific rule against that, but I don't think
it's legal. Perhaps someone else on the list can enlighten us.

--
  Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll
  believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have