xsl-list

RE: Opening a document on a server

2005-06-15 14:04:34
Jay,

I think you may have too many slashes and missing the drive:

file:///C:/Oscar/Felix/myfile.xml

Douglas Ross
Senior Software Engineer
Kronos
www.kronos.com

-----Original Message-----
From: JBryant(_at_)s-s-t(_dot_)com [mailto:JBryant(_at_)s-s-t(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 5:04 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Opening a document on a server

Hi, all,

I need to open a file on a server from within my stylesheet. Suppose the

server is named Oscar and has a directory named Felix.

document('file:////Oscar/Felix/myfile.xml')

did not work (though some web surfing for ways to do this had made me
think it would).

Anyone know how to open that file from inside my stylesheet?

I am using Saxon 8.4.

Thanks.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services