xsl-list

Re: Problems with &/& in style sheet

2005-06-15 01:09:26
Michael Kay wrote:
The '&' in the last line should actually be a '&' in the
transformed
HTML code. However, obviously I can't replace '&' with
'&', since the
stylesheet would then be syntactically incorrect. But if I
leave the '&'
where it is, I'll have '&' in the HTML code instead of '&'.

Your XSLT processor knows the HTML rules better than you do.

:-) no reason to doubt that...

& is correct according to the HTML spec, & is wrong.

Yeah, that's right. However, I need a & in the output and not a &. In my
original example my processor produces &

--
Marcel Stör
http://www.frightanic.com