xsl-list

RE: Anybody know when "transform" became the term for the type ofthing XSLT does?

2005-06-13 15:54:39
A quick google finds several 1996 papers

http://xml.coverpages.org/lecluseSGML96.html

http://www.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/~dmck/Papers/sgml-europe-96/workshop-others.html

and a discussion list posting

http://listserv.brown.edu/archives/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind9603&L=tei-l&F=&S=&P=186
3

and a couple of marketing announcements

http://www.seyboldreports.com/Bulletin/subs/vol1/BUL0127.HTM

all of which use the term "SGML transformation" as if it is a familiar term.

There's what appears to be a 1995 DSSSL spec at

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~wilensky/CS294/dsssl/html/index.htm

Section 6.3.1 is called "The Transformation Language", section 6.3.2 "The
Style Language".

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/