xsl-list

Re: A community project, blogging.

2005-06-12 03:55:36
I'm having fun with the outline process.
So far:

Clean directory with nothing other than atom xml content.

Single file, feed.xml , no entries within it.
Has the atom:feed element, and all feed metadata.
As if I were to include entities, one for each entry.

Then each day, or whatever, I write an entry, with wrapper atom:entry

That goes in a file, lets say I duplicate naming by naming
todays blog 20050612.xml

So my index process collates, all entries, resolving dates by filename
(or metadata
if you don't like using the filenames).
Each gets a link in the index frame (or toc).

Then my content process picks out the most recent n by date,
sets up the HTML wrapper, then uses the feed.xml
to generate a heading for the blog,
then recurses through the recent entries, generating a div
and content for each one.
(Note: the atom:summary element could be used to generate
a far more brief outline, with link to a separate full html file....)

Which leaves a messy link between the index and the entries.
Fails to make use of the atom:summary, and isn't good ... yet.

--
Regards,

Dave Pawson
XSLT + Docbook FAQ