xsl-list

Re: Passing parameters in XSLT with Java

2005-06-10 04:53:43
Thanks for your reply.

But, I guess I asked my question wrong, since
I  want to be able to pass this list via a Java application?
Is there an API that allows this to happen (i.e. Xalan,Xerces,etc.) ?

Thx,

Zak
----- Original Message -----
From: <JBryant(_at_)s-s-t(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: [xsl] Passing parameters in XSLT with Java

Hi, Zak,

You can specify a stylesheet parameter.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

  <xsl:param name="someParam"/>

  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:value-of select="$someParam"/>
  </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Of course, you'll want to do something more interesting than just get the
text value of the parameter, but this small example shows the syntax
involved.

If you have a list, you may need to set up a recursive template to process
the items in the list.

In XSLT 2.0, you have some more options, since you can specify the type of
the parameter and use other 2.0 features to more readily process the list.

HTH

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

"Zak Nixon" <zaknixon(_at_)davidson-tech(_dot_)com>
06/09/2005 12:19 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

<xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
cc

Subject
[xsl] Passing parameters in XSLT with Java

Is there any ways to pass lists of integers
to an XSLT stylesheet and let it work on those
variables ?

Thx

Zak

--~--