xsl-list

Re: How does one convert an RTF to a string?

2005-06-09 14:24:23
On 6/9/05, David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

I note in your example you used disable-output-escaping use of that is
always always a sign that somethng is wrong. Here it looks very odd
You disable the normal XML serialisation by using value-of and d-o-e
which means thatyou have to serialise everything by hand.

Why not just let the system use its normal XML serialisation, by just
copying the original rtf  variable to the result tree???

                <xsl:variable name="rtf">
                                <node>
                                        <!-- Here is a comment -->

                                        <child attrib="something"
value</child>
                                </node>
                </xsl:variable>

                <xsl:variable name="tmpStr">
                <xsl:apply-templates select="xalan:nodeset($rtf)"
mode="convert" />
               </xsl:variable>

                <xsl:copy-of select="rtf" />

David,

    What I was originally trying to do indeed used xsl:copy-of.
However, when doing :

<xsl:message><xsl:copy-of select="$rtf"></xsl:message>

    ....all I got was "value" in the message. Thats why I'm trying to
fit the RTF into a string format.

Thanks,
Kenneth