xsl-list

Re: Weird XPath evaluation differences between Saxon and Xalan

2005-06-09 07:50:46
Provided the context is right, that should ensure that the text value of
the preceding subtree is not the same as the text value of the preceding
subtree. The context will have to be a node that has the GROUP nodes as
siblings.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Simon OUALID <symon(_at_)tatouage(_dot_)fr>
06/09/2005 01:25 AM
Please respond to
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
cc

Subject
Re: [xsl] Weird XPath evaluation differences between Saxon and Xalan

Jay Bryant wrote:

<xsl:for-each select="SOMETHING/NAME">
 <xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsl:for-each>

Many thanks for all those precisions. I learnt a difference between XSLT
1.0 and 2.0 ! ;)

And I also learnt that the 2.0 version was only a draft... So I'd prefer
to do my XPath query with the 1.0 version, but this query was used to
compare two subtree of a XML file... So how can I get it working in XSLT
1.0 ?

Can I do something like this ?

<xsl:variable name="lastTree">
  <xsl:for-each select="preceding-sibbling::GROUP[1]/SOMETHING/NAME">
    <xsl:value-of select="."/>
  </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:variable name="currentTree">
  <xsl:for-each select="SOMETHING/NAME">
    <xsl:value-of select="."/>
  </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:if test="$lastTree != $currentTree">
  <!-- Here I put my stuff -->
</xsl:if>

Many thanks for so precise answers. It looks like this list is a great
place for finding XSLT experts ... :)

Symon

--~--